Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Brunch - Banana Walnut Pancake Donuts

Other than starting this morning with a migraine (which is blessedly gone now!) I'm having a really great weekend!  I caught up on sleep, lounged at home with my guys, and got to spend some time with my sister.  She got tickets to see Robin Thicke with meet & greet passes!!!!  How cool is that????


He was really nice in the 4.2 seconds we spent with him.  He is incredibly good looking with impeccable manners.  I think the manners mattered more than the looks!


That's me in the blue...  I know, it's blurry.  My sister's friend took it with her cell phone.  We had a great time!  I came home and watched the end of SNL (Justin Timberlake is my FAVE!!!) while cuddling with my guy.  

 I cooked a lot this weekend and loved every second of it.  We bought a mini-donut maker (baker?) for Christmas.  I've made several variety of donuts and love experimenting with it.  I made Banana Walnut Pancake Donuts!!!  They turned out better than I expected!!!  I can't wait to experiment with different flavors!!!  I'm thinking Lemon Poppyseed next time!!!


This recipe is super easy!!!  If you don't have a donut maker, don't worry!  I have a different way to prepare this yummy goodness to show you later in this post.  We ate these several ways!

Banana Walnut Pancake Donuts
2 cups pancake mix (I used Aunt Jemima Homestyle Pancake Mix)
1 cup water (follow the instructions on the box)
1/2 cup Slenda Brown Sugar Blend (you could use regular brown sugar if you prefer)
1 banana, mashed
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Heat the donut machine.  Put 1 tablespoon of batter into each well.  Close machine.  Cook 4 - 5 minutes.

I also cooked some turkey sausage patties.  We made the cutest little sausage sandwiches!!!  I didn't think to cook some eggs until after the fact.  Eggs would be good.  Maybe a slice of cheese too?  





These donuts are light and fluffy.  They don't taste like pancakes at all.  After making them this way, I wanted to try the recipe as muffins!

I poured the batter into muffin tins and cooked in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).



They are just as good this way!!!  Next time, I may actually make the batter and make pancakes!!!  Crazy, I know!!!!

The boys are screaming that they are withering away to nothing...  I haven't fed them since Brunch!!!  GASP!!!!  I'm grilling Paprika Lime Chicken and making some cous cous and green beans.  

I hope you had a great weekend!  I know mine has been good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment