Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Der Der Der & Philly Steak Baked Potatoes

I am a dork.  I deleted my email account that my blog was associated with.  I tied this to a new account.  Then I couldn't remember how to get into it.  After a month of trying to figure it all out, I finally did! WOOT WOOT.  Dork.  I know.

Things are pretty hectic right now.  Finals are fast approaching and I'm transitioning into a new position at work.  My doctoral classes are pretty intense right now.  Through it all, I've been cooking away but I haven't been taking pictures or writing down recipes.  I will share a recipe that I modified from Skinny Taste.  Her recipes are AMAZING!  I haven't made a single recipe of hers that I didn't like.  I don't have pictures but the recipe itself.  

Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes

4 large baking potatoes
1 pound sirloin steak
4 slices provolone cheese 
1/4 green bell pepper
1/4  red bell pepper
1/4 yellow bell pepper
1/4 orange bell pepper
1 onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 jalapeño sliced
1 clove garlic minced
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
salt to taste

Spray potatoes with butter spray (or cooking spray).  Sprinkle with salt (I use Montreal Steak seasoning).  Bake in a preheated 350 oven until tender (about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the potato).  

15 minutes before the potatoes are done, season the beef with salt and pepper.  Slice the peppers, onions, mushrooms, and jalapeño and place in a medium-high pan sprayed with cooking spray.  I cooked the steak on my indoor grill because it was too windy to use my outdoor grill (sad face!!!).  Add the garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender crisp (to your liking - we like ours el dente).  When the potatoes are done, slice them in half.  Top with butter if you'd like.  Slice the steak thinly.  Add 1/4 of the steak and veggies to each potato.  Top with a slice of provolone - my son used Cheddar because he isn't a fan of provolone.  Pop the topped potatoes in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.  

I wish I had pictures because this was so good!  This is an easy weeknight meal.  If you cook the potatoes in the microwave or in the crock pot while you're at work, it only takes about 20 minutes from fridge to table.  Cutting the veggies is the most time intensive part of this.  

Next time, I make this with home fries or roast potatoes instead.  

I wish I had pictures to share...  But trust me when I say it's yummy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment