Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cheesy Pizza Quesadilla

I think it's pretty obvious that I really love to cook.  When it comes to snacks though, I usually grab something really fast because cooking means a meal, doesn't it?  Am the only crazy nut job who thinks this?  I'll pop some popcorn or grab a handful of almonds or cut up some cheese for cheese and crackers.  I've been known to make a quick salsa or hummus for snacking too. But sometimes, I want something hot and gooey and cheesy.  Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmmmmm.   I love quesadillas.  I used to just make them on my griddle but my favorite mother in law (what's that?  She's my ONLY mother in law?  pshhhh.  Still my fave!) got us this awesome quesadilla maker for Christmas.  It's awesomeness personified.  I love it.  LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!  I was excited to see it when we unwrapped the box.  I didn't think it would make better quesadillas than my griddle but I was so wrong.  Because there are heating elements on the top and bottom, the tortillas get a really nice crispy texture and the cheese melts perfectly.  The first few times I used it, I put way too much cheese on the tortillas and had a big mess to clean up because it squished out the sides.


The other day, I was craving quesadillas and pizza.  What's a girl to do?  Make Pizza Quesadillas, of course!

Pizza Quesadillas
2 flour tortillas
1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
2 tablespoons tomato sauce (or pizza sauce)
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

Place a tortilla on the maker.  Spread with tomato sauce.  Sprinkle spices over tomato sauce.  Spread the cheese on the tortilla. Top with the second tortilla. Close the quesadilla maker.  Cook for 2 1/2 minutes. Cut and enjoy.  If you don't have a quesadilla maker, just cook the quesadilla on a griddle or in a skillet.


(Not sure why this picture looks so weird...)
This is such a simple snack idea.  I didn't have any good toppings other than cheese when I made these but next time, I plan to top them with turkey pepperoni or pineapple and jalapeño.

It took less than 5 minutes and I had an ooey, gooey, cheesy pizza flavored quesadilla.  Mmm Mmm Mmm!!!

You could easily make this a meal by adding a salad or a bowl (cup?) of soup.  So easy.  So good.  Easy clean up.  Happy belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment